Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The new Batesbunch.com

It's finished.  Now if my haunts page looked anywhere near as good.  Most of my visitors are headed there anyway.  Oh well, I can say that I did it!!  It now has dynamic blogs feeds as well as the flickr stuff.  Hopefully my cool little css tricks are making it look nice and slick on your computer.  If they aren't, then you should get a better browser.  

Speaking of browsers.  Firefox's problem with negative css z-index values was causing me all sorts of problems with my semi-transparent backgrounds.  I think I found a solution though.  Once I explicitly set the z-index of the containing divs to 3 the problem went away.  My guess is that Firefox doesn't mind if 3-1 is greater than 0.

1 comments:

Elder Standring said...

I'm not quite sure if you will get this, but I couldn't find an email address ANYWHERE to contact you otherwise. My name is Mark and I wanted to thank you for the Audiobook version of Das Buch Mormon you have posted on BatesBunch.com. I downloaded onto a macbook, and it works great! I've been trying to learn German, so this will help a lot, however it seems that while downloading, part 1 (1 Nephi-ish) seems to have gone missing. I was wondering if you might be able to email that to me (mstandring@gmail.com), or maybe I should just try to redownload the whole thing. Anyway, you're doing a good work! Thanks